The Greens/EFA Group in the European Parliament is offering a fully paid 5-month internship to support the public relations work of Pirate MEPs Marcel Kolaja, Markéta Gregorová, Mikuláš Peksa and Patrick Breyer.
We are looking for a Czech native speaker with excellent English skills (C1/C2).
Deadline for applications: 7 January 2024
Duration of the traineeship: 4 March 2024 – 26 July 2024
Our internships offer students or university graduates the opportunity to expand their knowledge and familiarise themselves with the activities of the Pirate Delegation. The selected intern will focus on PR, marketing and communication on the internet and social media. In particular, he/she will liaise with the delegation’s PR experts.
Primary job description:
- Contribute to the design of the media presence of Marcel Kolaja, Markéta Gregorová, Mikuláš Peksa and Patrick Breyer.
- Helping to write press releases and articles
- Support with social media and content management tasks
- Help with the organisation of events
- Occasional help with light administrative tasks in the office
- Liaising with the Brussels and Czech MEP teams
- Media monitoring
- Minimum age 18 years
- Knowledge of the Czech language at native speaker level
- very good knowledge of English (C1/C2), both written and spoken
- media experience is an advantage, but not a requirement
- no other employment for the duration of the internship
- if the applicant is not a national of an EU country, he/she must be in possession of an EU residence permit for the duration of the internship
- the place of work is Brussels
- a financial remuneration of 1500 EUR per month
- full-time work experience
- the opportunity to take your own initiative and personal development
- a friendly, innovative and international working environment
- the opportunity to work on meaningful, transparent policy
- networking opportunities
- Position requirements: 50%
- Overall impression: 35%
- Motivation: 15%
How to apply?
Your application should include the following documents in English:
- Your CV (Europass or professional CV)
- Motivation letter
Please save these documents in pdf format as one file, as follows:
Name_Surname_INTERN (e.g. Karel_Novák_INTERN).
To apply, send your pdf document to email@example.com with the subject line “PR Internship for Pirates” by Monday, January 8, 2024, 10:00 AM.
The evaluation team has the right to extend the deadline. The first round is an evaluation of resume, motivation and previous or relevant experience. The second round is carried out by means of a practical verification of the required criteria in the form of an assignment. The third round is an online interview.