IT administrator & team leader
European Pirates are looking for a reliable person with deep knowledge of GNU/Linux and other Free Software server/client technologies. As an IT administrator & team leader you will be called upon to perform a multitude of tasks including:
- leading a small team of IT professionals;
- maintaining priorities in IT in consultation with MEPs and providing executive summaries;
- create the architecture, automate, secure, and manage;
- look for innovative ways to communicate with voters and citizens;
- provide the best available support for MEPs and their staff;
- secure and maintain stable infrastructure according to the best industry standards;
- test and code review of newly implemented software;
- prepare documentation;
- architect, automate, and maintain secure back-ups.
- reliability, loyalty and strong sense for privacy and security;
- good knowledge of technologies like GNU/Linux, SQL, LDAP, Python, Apache HTTP Server, Nginx, VPN, firewall, SELinux, XHTML, CSS, Git, virtualization tools, Linux containers, monitoring and alerting, back-up, etc.;
- experience with the same or similar work;
- personal integrity and professional approach to the work;
- passion for work with open technologies, especially Free Software and Open Source Software;
- experience with software development, especially with contributing to Free Software projects is an advantage;
- experience with leading teams is an advantage;
- enthusiasm for working in an international team;
- English communication skills;
- full support for transparency in public affairs as well as deep respect for privacy in personal matters.
- work from home;
- remuneration based on experience and in accordance with Parliamentary regulation;
- work for Members of the best political party with possibility to participate in a meaningful and transparent policy;
- opportunity to support European policies and standards in cybersecurity area and digital environment.
Requirements and conditions for participation in the tender:
The condition for being included in the selection procedure is the delivery of a structured CV, cover letter containing a vision of working in the position in English. The nomination team has the right to extend the deadline.
The applicant will send the necessary documentation by 8 December 2022 via e-mail to email@example.com. The winner’s CV and cover letter may be published without prior consent. Candidates will be invited to the second round based on the evaluation of submitted documentation.
The second round is realized in the form of practical verification of the required criteria. The evaluation is carried out by an evaluation committee composed of representatives of the MEP and the Human Resources Department.
Selected candidates will be interviewed by the Members and their team members.
The evaluation committee selects the candidate with the best price offer who meets the expectations for this position according to the evaluation criteria (see below). Preferred starting date: Upon agreement as soon as possible
Position Requirements 40%
Knowledge of Pirate Program and Argumentation 15%
Overall impression 15%