The Delegation of European Pirates in the European Parliament is looking for a trainee based in Brussels, who can help with a multitude of tasks, including:
· assisting with research on policy-related topics;
· writing briefings summarizing complex information in a concise manner;
· participating in various meetings and taking notes;
· assisting with the preparation of documents in support of the Plenary votes;
· providing administrative support as necessary;
· assisting the Delegation EU Law Advisor and other members of the team;
· participating in relevant policy-related events;
· helping with events organization.
· pro-active approach to work;
· team spirit;
· attention to detail;
· fluency in English; proficiency in Czech, German or French or other languages is an asset;
· personal integrity and professional attitude;
· willingness to work with Open Source Software and other open technologies;
· enthusiasm for work in an international team;
· willingness for occasional travel, especially to Strasbourg;
· full support for transparency in public affairs as well as a deep respect for privacy in personal matters.
We expect you to be based near Brussel, a situation with a work from the parliament is changing according to a covid situation.
· minimum age of 18 years
· not having previously worked as a trainee or accredited parliamentary assistant in the
· not being a party to another employment contract during the traineeship
· in case of non-EU citizenship to have at least a visa or residence permit
· 5 months long traineeship contract with the possibility of extension;
· monthly remuneration of 1 000€;
·full-fledged work experience with the potential both for learning and taking own initiative participation in the process of supporting a responsible and transparent policy-making;
· work in the best political party with the possibility to participate in a meaningful and transparent policy.
Estimated starting date:
in the week between 3rd and 7th January 2022
How to apply:
The condition for being included in the selection procedure is to send a structured CV and motivation letter explaining what would you like to learn during the traineeship and why we should choose you. The winner´s CV and cover letter may be published. The applicant will send the necessary documentation by 24th October 2021 EOB via e-mail to email@example.com with the subject “Policy traineeship”.
The team has the right to extend the deadline. The first round is done by evaluating the CV, motivation, and previous experiences. The second round is realized in the form of practical verification of the required criteria. The evaluation is carried out by an evaluation committee composed of representatives of the MEP and the Human Resources Department. Third round by personal interview. An applicant who has successfully completed the second round may be invited to the third round (interview) for other positions listed in the Group.
Position Requirements 40%
Knowledge of pirate program and argumentation 10%
Overall impression 20%
Experience / Education 15%