VACANCY NOTICE: Pirate Outreach Internship
Deadline for applications: Monday 4th December 2023, 12:00 CET (CLOSED)
The Greens/EFA Group in the European Parliament is offering a full-time paid internship for 5 months to support the work of our Pirate Parties Network Officer in the Group’s Campaigns and Outreach Team.
Start date: 4th March 2024 – End date: 26th July 2024
Our internships allow students or people who have recently graduated from university the opportunity to build on the knowledge acquired during their studies and to familiarise themselves with the activities of the Pirate delegation within the Greens/EFA Group. The selected intern will be able to contribute to different outreach projects involving the Pirate Movement in Europe, with a special focus on projects related to the Young Pirates of Europe.
We will nominate an experienced staff member as supervisor for the intern to provide guidance throughout the internship. The objectives of the placement will be noted in an “internship agreement”.
Tasks may include:
- Desk research to inform and feed into the development of the Group’s outreach strategies, related to the European Pirates.
- Support with the organisation of events related to the Group’s cooperation with external partners, with a focus on European Pirates.
- Contribution to team brainstorming on how to increase engagement of Pirates and Pirate partners across Europe or how to bring our campaigns closer to the pirates on the national level.
- Liaising with the PPEU and YPE, as well as their member organisations.
- Drafting of internal updates about the activities of the PPEU and YPE.
- Updating external partners of the work of the Pirate delegation within the Group.
- Liaising with national Pirate parties and NGOs close to the Pirate Movement
Eligibility criteria: Applicants for internships have to fulfil the following conditions:
- Be a student (proof of student status will be requested at a later stage) or recently graduated with an officially recognised higher degree (copy of university diploma will be requested at a later stage).
- Be aged 18 or over on their internship start date.
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union or an accession/candidate country. However, the Group may offer a limited number of internships to nationals of other countries.
- Be willing to relocate to Brussels for the duration of the internship.
- Share the values of the Pirate Movement.
- Have an excellent standard of English and be fluent in at least one other EU language.
- Not have any other internship or professional activity in parallel.
The internship allowance shall be of 1.500 € per month.
Your application shall consist of the following documents in English:
- Your CV (Europass or resume)
- A motivation letter
Please save your CV and motivation letter together in pdf format, as one file**, as follows:**
Name_FamilyName_CAMPO (ex: Jane_Smith_CAMPO).
To apply, send your pdf to the Greens/EFA Human Resources team, with the subject line “Pirate Outreach Internship – CAMPO” by Monday 4th December 2023, 12:00 CET.