- Coordinating PR and media communication of the European Pirates delegation in the European Parliament and fostering collaboration on PR in the delegation;
- Managing presentation of the delegation;
- Establishing cooperation with the Media Department of the Czech Pirate Party as well as with our political group in the European Parliament;
- Establishing cooperation with the European Pirate Party and Pirate Parties across Europe;
- Providing media support for the delegation – preparation of press releases, organization and moderation of press conferences and other media activities, media monitoring, preparation of documents and other topics in cooperation with their teams and PR assistants;
- Maintaining and improving delegation’s long-term campaigns;
- Facilitating short-term and long-term communication strategies;
- Establishing and maintaining contacts with Czech and foreign journalists;
- Taking pictures and camera or audio recordings in the European Parliament and at events in Brussels and managing cooperation with external staff when they are taken externally (to be approved);
- Monitoring of PR outcomes.
- Obtained education in the fields such as journalism, political marketing, political science, European studies, or other related fields, or other evidence of relevant expertise;
- At least 2 years of work experience with media, media communication, PR, or political marketing;
- Excellent knowledge of and English language. Knowledge of German or other languages is an asset;
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work under pressure in the fast-paced work environment;
- Knowledge of Czech and foreign, especially European, media environment;
- Alignment with the Pirate program priorities;
- Good relations and contacts with journalists and editors are an advantage;
- Knowledge of functioning and mechanisms of the European Parliament and other European institutions as well as
- Knowledge of EU policies is an advantage;
- Personal integrity and professional approach to the work;
- Willingness to use Open Source Software and other open technologies;
- Enthusiasm for working in an international team;
- Willingness to occasionally travel to Strasbourg, Czechia, or on other missions;
- Willingness to learn new things.
- Full time work contract/40 hours per week;
- A competitive salary based on previous experience, in-line with the rules of the Parliament and of our political group;
- Prestigious work in a cosmopolitan city, where every day is a new challenge;
- Interesting cooperation with political and media personalities.
Place of work: Brussels
The condition for being included in the selection procedure is to send a structured CV and a cover letter in English containing your vision of working on this position and examples of your previous work relevant for this position.
Start date: as soon as possible or upon agreement
The applicant will send the necessary documentation by 13th September by filling in this form. The nomination team has the right to extend the deadline. The first round is done by evaluating the submitted documents. The second round is done by a written assessment. The third round is done by a personal interview. The evaluation is carried out by an evaluation committee composed of representatives of the media department, HR, and the MEPs.